Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The First Wedding...

Lagta hai jaise saare sansaar ki shadi hai...Aaj mere yaar ki shadi hai...


I kept on singing it for long, the day I heard about this good news. My friend Rahul has got his relation being tied up with a cute girl. I was (kindly don't wonder why) so excited hearing this for the very first time that I congratulated him with a very long text message. He cleared this to me that the wedding was going to be after two more years of study. So it may or may not be the first wedding among the friends. But I replied that since this was for the very first time that I had heard such news about a male friend of mine, it had to be special. Though many of my female friends have been engaged and some of them even married, but for the first time I felt the craze of imagining myself dancing at a friend's baraat.


Ophthalmology exam...I messed up everything for him by repeatedly turning back and singing some or the other wedding song. I enjoyed each and every time when he said, 'Yaar Abhishek Bhaiya, kyun meri band baja rahe ho. Chupchap exam dene do na yaar. Uski yaad mat dilao...plz'. But since nothing can stop me from using my mouth, he had to finish up the paper soon and I followed him out of the examination hall.


Well, readers may or may not understand how glad I am. But one thing is clear. The wedding is definitely not Begaani and I am definitely not Abdullah. As I write this post, am sending him another text...Lag ja gale yaar mere Maine dil se dua di hai...Mere yaar ki shadi hai...


God bless the wonderful couple (especially my dear friend Rahul, for I am gonna keep singing and dancing for the next two years until he bags Bhabhi home).
I guess no one would be able to feel what I am feeling writing this stuff. But what I am feeling (in a nutshell) is...Lagta hai jaise saare sansaar ki shadi hai.....

No comments:

Post a Comment