Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Whole Night Discussions...


It has been long since I wrote last. The reason being my return to the hostel where I do not frequently go online. Today I got quite some time to resume my favourite activity, that is, writing.

We, at hostel, usually do not talk serious things. But when we do so, we go beyond our characters and images. Yes, we sometimes do talk serious matters that touch our hearts. Like today, I don’t know from where Priyesh and I started talking about some very serious sad stuff that I had to just hide the pain on my face. He remembered his recently passed away grandpa and I did the same about my late grandma. But at the same time, I would always feel lucky to have such buddies with whom I can share those very painful things that I usually don’t share with anyone.

I remember once we started talking about Indian politics. It was around 11 pm and a chilling night of January 2009. The discussion kept on running and all of us kept poking our nose at each other’s views. Ultimately we all got on to our nerves and the discussion went so loud that the night watchman had to peep into our room to see whether we were actually talking or fighting. The discussion ceased for some time. And suddenly I asked, “Who the hell started this discussion?” And another discussion started on the question, on whom to curse for wasting the whole night over a discussion that people at least twice our age talk about.

It was 5 am and we all laughed together at the silly time pass we adopted for the whole night. I am sure my friends would not remember this stuff. But I do so because such moments only make me feel that friends are a real gem of one’s life.

Another discussion about ‘ghosts’; I would narrate some other day…

No comments:

Post a Comment