Friday, October 29, 2010

The Hind-wall Adventure...

As I thought to start writing this post, my cell beeped...our hind wall collapsed bhaiya. It was Rohit, my roommate, telling me something I never imagined. I just called back. He told that in an attempt to clear off the heap of construction material by the side of our hostel room, the JCB machine hit the wall and made a through-n-through hole in it. I was amazed at the news, not knowing how to react. At first I thought he was just trying to panic me with a false news but soon, a number of text messages heaped up in my inbox either annoyingly congratulating me or funnily consoling me over the mini-disaster. The news was no joke but true. Rohit further relaxed me by taking some quick actions over getting it temporarily and then permanently fixed. I wish I was there to see what it looked like, since now I am still at home, no more on recovery leave but on Diwali bunk. We never let our administration take any pains to declare holidays rather we bunk the classes prior to the official announcement of vacations.

Thus, another point has been officially included in our list of adventures at our college by the successful and dramatic collapse of the hind wall. That was a real BREAKING NEWS for me. It has reminded me of the countless previous adventurous experiences in the college and hostel, the most outstanding ones of which, I would be talking about in my subsequent posts. For the time being, may God prevent any creature enter the room through that hole till it gets repaired by the next afternoon...

No comments:

Post a Comment