Monday, October 25, 2010

The Present.....

Right now I am at home, enjoying my medical leave after being operated for a bad appendix, rather a VERY BAD appendix, as my professor-surgeon said to me just after stitching the contents of my body again into one. I experienced one of the most severe abdominal pains, as they say, for the very first and hopefully, the last time of my life. (I wonder how women bear child birth.) They have advised me to take rest, have a good sleep, walk for several times a day and not to lift weight or any such work that apparently increases intra-abdominal pressure.

I am religiously following all the precautions and advices since I have encountered this pain merely for my ignorance towards my own. Yes, I don't look after myself. I have always enjoyed taking care of others (though at the cost of my own joys, happiness and health). But yes, I have no regrets. And why should I? I always get huge satisfaction when I see myself being able to help someone because I think, rather I believe, that God doesn't give this ability of helping and caring for others to everyone. And if he shows me the path of doing good to anyone, its me who is actually blessed.

My pals say this tendency of mine is responsible for my ignorance towards the pain I was experiencing since one week prior to the surgery and that was the only thing rendering me in intense pain for two whole days and a night.

Well, why to talk of pain when there are other pleasant things to say about? 'Pain' has always been a part of life as salt is to food, can't do without it, can't bear much of it. So I hope we shall talk about the pleasant aspect of the present. The most exciting thing is that I am sleeping for around 12 hours a day after a long period of around 8 months when I was frequently bombarded with episodes of insomnia. I have never ever let tensions rule my head but sleeplessness, somehow, found its way in the form of examination anxiety, my sister's wedding, a friend's accident, the annual fest, Ganesh festival, Durga festival and so on. But still, Abhishek Bachhotiya is a happy man.

In my next post, I am going to write about my first day at college and hostel, of which I celebrated the 3rd anniversary on 14th October 2010. Giving rest to my fingers now isn't my own choice, but have to go since Mom is standing with a glass of milk near me and I don't want her to complain ever again to my professors that I don't eat well and that I don't give an ear to her advices on eating. Till then....

No comments:

Post a Comment